Learning about trees, care
Twelve people joined arborists from across the state on Oct. 3 during a public tour of the Ehmen Park arboretum.
Justin Evertson, who’s employed by the Nebraska Forest Service, said Ehmen is one of his favorite parks because of the diversity of trees.Evertson said three trees grow in the park that aren’t normally found in central Nebraska. They include the June snow dogwood, Cornelian cherry dogwood and Japanese emperor oak.
At least 20 species of trees in the park won’t be found anywhere else in Dawson County or this part of Nebraska, Evertson said.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST