No more burn permits
At least until snow flies
As a tinder-dry summer slips into a parched fall, local fire chief Mark Ballmer said the department is not issuing any burn permits in or outside city limits.
Last week, yet another area fire erupted near Paxton because of dry conditions.
“There were 15 departments there and we were on stand-by,” Ballmer said.
Most likely, no more burn permits will be issued until there’s snow cover, he said.
“And we feel it’s safe.”
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president