Mini-grant helps Brady add 10 trees in village
A mini-grant through the Retree Nebraska Initiative of the Nebraska Forest Service has allowed the village of Brady to add 10 new trees to the landscape.
The village tree board and Jeff Kennedy of Kennedy Landscaping Services in Gothenburg planted the trees in different areas of town on Monday.
Since 2008, the village has removed 17 diseased and dying trees, replacing them with 47 new trees.
The tree board also cleaned and added new mulch to all the of the new trees planted over the past four years.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog