Volleyball team gets two wins on the road
GRANT—The Swede volleyball team added to a nine-match winning streak with road victories over Perkins County and Chase County in triangular action Sept. 25.
“Last year we kind of let those wins get away from us,” said coach Mary Clark. “The girls were determined not to let that happen again.”
The Swedes defeated Chase County 22-25, 25-14, 25-16 before handling Perkins County 25-12, 25-10.
“Chase County came in with a pretty decent record,” Clark said of the Longhorns’ 12-8 mark. “And they didn’t go away without a fight.”
Aryn Meisinger was 8-of-11 serving with 5 aces. She also offered 19 set assists. Regan Geiken and Jacey Wiggins had 12 kills each, with Wiggins putting up 21 set assists.
Perkins County is in a rebuilding year and couldn’t match the Swedes’ caliber.
Meisinger played a solid match with three ace serves, 11 set assists and two stuff blocks.
Wiggins and Tiani Reeves offered five kills each.
- Avenue I to get more sidewalk
- Wellness Center decision after budget workshop
- Airport Authority wants board member removed
- Eagle football looks to repeat last year’s success
- Rural Poll finds insights on rural Nebraskans’ activism
- Soybean farmers observe, evaluate work of checkoff
- District 20 enrollment creeps up
- Coaches remain confident after 15-4 loss to McCook