North Platte wins golf dual by five strokes
NORTH PLATTE—The Gothenburg Swedes fell just five strokes short of North Platte in dual action at Iron Eagle Golf Course on Thursday.
The Swedes shot 206 compared to North Platte’s 201 in scoring the top four of six players.
Tessa Burford of North Platte was the individual winner shooting 48 on Iron Eagle’s back nine.
Gothenburg sophomore Taylour Marshall was one stroke back at 49.
“It was great to see that the girls could compete with the Lady Bulldogs on their home course,” said Swede coach Tara Foster. “The back nine was recently aerated, which made for a very difficult putting surface.”
Heidi Teahon and Andrea Coder each shot 51 while Mallory McCoy and McKinley Harm carded 55 for the team score.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30