North Platte wins golf dual by five strokes
NORTH PLATTE—The Gothenburg Swedes fell just five strokes short of North Platte in dual action at Iron Eagle Golf Course on Thursday.
The Swedes shot 206 compared to North Platte’s 201 in scoring the top four of six players.
Tessa Burford of North Platte was the individual winner shooting 48 on Iron Eagle’s back nine.
Gothenburg sophomore Taylour Marshall was one stroke back at 49.
“It was great to see that the girls could compete with the Lady Bulldogs on their home course,” said Swede coach Tara Foster. “The back nine was recently aerated, which made for a very difficult putting surface.”
Heidi Teahon and Andrea Coder each shot 51 while Mallory McCoy and McKinley Harm carded 55 for the team score.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500