North Platte wins golf dual by five strokes
NORTH PLATTE—The Gothenburg Swedes fell just five strokes short of North Platte in dual action at Iron Eagle Golf Course on Thursday.
The Swedes shot 206 compared to North Platte’s 201 in scoring the top four of six players.
Tessa Burford of North Platte was the individual winner shooting 48 on Iron Eagle’s back nine.
Gothenburg sophomore Taylour Marshall was one stroke back at 49.
“It was great to see that the girls could compete with the Lady Bulldogs on their home course,” said Swede coach Tara Foster. “The back nine was recently aerated, which made for a very difficult putting surface.”
Heidi Teahon and Andrea Coder each shot 51 while Mallory McCoy and McKinley Harm carded 55 for the team score.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout