Trying out for one-acts
GHS auditions: Gothenburg High School students tried out last week for this season’s one-act production “Hiding in the Open,” a memoir about sisters in the World War II holocaust. The play tells the true story of the Jewish sisters from Poland who assume false identities and work in a Nazi hotel. Director Lori Long said 38 students are involved in the play at this point. Practice started this week. Competition begins in Loup City on Nov. 2. The community will get several chances to see student actors in action when GHS hosts an invite on Nov. 13, Southwest Conference on Nov. 19 and district competition on Dec. 1. A public performance is scheduled on Nov. 27 at 7:30 p.m. Pictured are Drake Brand (left) and Amanda Larson.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action