Golfers gain confidence
Swedes play well at home
Gothenburg golfers found themselves in the middle of the pack at Wild Horse Golf Club last week, competing against some top-notch opponents.
The Swedes combined for 420 to finish eighth, with one girl in the top 15 for a medal.
“I am very pleased to see that our team score has been consistent from invite to invite, said coach Tara Foster. “However, I would like to see our overall score improve as we get closer to districts.”
Senior Heidi Teahon played a solid round, shooting her 18-hole personal best of 94 for 12th place.
“I was impressed with how Heidi played,” Foster said. “She was able to overcome first-hole jitters and lead the team.”
Sophomores Taylour Marshall and McKinley Harm also stepped up for the Swedes with rounds of 102 and 107, respectively.
Scottsbluff took the team title shooting 351 with McCook close behind at 353.
Scottsbluff had four medalists while McCook’s Megan Vetrovsky was the individual winner with a score of 80.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics