Golfers gain confidence
Swedes play well at home
Gothenburg golfers found themselves in the middle of the pack at Wild Horse Golf Club last week, competing against some top-notch opponents.
The Swedes combined for 420 to finish eighth, with one girl in the top 15 for a medal.
“I am very pleased to see that our team score has been consistent from invite to invite, said coach Tara Foster. “However, I would like to see our overall score improve as we get closer to districts.”
Senior Heidi Teahon played a solid round, shooting her 18-hole personal best of 94 for 12th place.
“I was impressed with how Heidi played,” Foster said. “She was able to overcome first-hole jitters and lead the team.”
Sophomores Taylour Marshall and McKinley Harm also stepped up for the Swedes with rounds of 102 and 107, respectively.
Scottsbluff took the team title shooting 351 with McCook close behind at 353.
Scottsbluff had four medalists while McCook’s Megan Vetrovsky was the individual winner with a score of 80.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship