Gothenburg wins DC meet with six medalists
LEXINGTON—Swede golfers retained the title of Dawson County champions Friday by defeating Lexington and Cozad in the annual county meet at Lakeside Country Club.
Six of Gothenburg’s players finished in the top eight to earn medals, led by individual champion Heidi Teahon.
Teahon shot 52 on the front nine and came back six strokes better on the back to finish with an 18-hole total of 98.
Scoring five of the eight players, Gothenburg finished with 501 to take the title.
“I am very pleased with how the girls stepped up and played as a team,” said coach Tara Foster. “It’s great to see that my top six varsity players can shoot at or under 102 and can equally contribute to the team as whole.”
Taylour Marshall turned in a 99 for third place followed by Kelsey Kuhlman and Andrea Coder in fifth and sixth with 101 and McKinley Harm and Mallory McCoy at seventh and eighth shooting 102.
“This was a huge confidence booster for the girls as we head into Southwest Conference and the district meet where team scores count,” Foster said.
The Swedes have three more meets before the conference contest.
Gothenburg plays at North Platte on Thursday, at the Holdrege Invite on Saturday and in a triangular at Cozad Tuesday before hosting SWC on Sept. 28.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair