Fire trucks called to Five-Star Flooring
Sirens blared about 1:45 p.m. Wednesday after smoke was spotted billowing from the roof of the new Five-Star Flooring building in Gothenburg.
Flames weren’t visible until Gothenburg volunteer fire fighters punched a hole in the upper half of the building, at 915 Lake Ave., that owners Troy and Chivonne have been remodeling.Fire fighters sprayed water from hoses into the hole and also sawed an opening in the roof.
Water from hoses, lifted to the roof, was used to douse flames in the ceiling.
Firemen were on the scene for about two hours.
The Daums have had workers renovating the building for several months. They plan to finish and move inventory into the space sometime this fall.
Their business is now located a block north of the new building at 1014 Lake Ave.
No estimate of damage or the cause of the fire was available on Wednesday.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates