Work nearing completion on 2012-13 county budget
Numbers have nearly fallen into place for Dawson County’s 2012-13 budget.
The first official steps were completed Friday during the county board’s regular bimonthly meeting.
Commissioners approved levy allocations for the 14 political subdivisions with taxing authority.
The total of the allocations is up just over $27,000 from $989,558 last year to $1.02 million for a 2.76% increase.
The Railroad Transportation Safety District request increased almost $10,000 for the highest dollar increase with Lexington, Gothenburg and Cozad fire district also asking for more funds.
The levy allocations for the taxing entities represent only a small portion of the overall county budget and are a minimal portion of the total tax bill paid by Dawson County residents.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested