Tumbles, Trophies and more at Dawson County Fair:
Slippery swine timeNew to the Dawson County Fair this year was pig wrestling, an event which attracted many onlookers last Thursday night to an outdoor arena at the Lexington fairgrounds.
A porker was released and teams had two minutes to catch the pig and put it in a barrel in the ring full of mud, water and baby oil. Some teams dressed up and had names like the Dukes of Dawson (pictured). They are front (clockwise) l-r: Heath Keiser, Kole Berke of Cozad, Patrick Peterson and Evan Peterson. A monetary award was given to the top three teams.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates