Hild wins apple pie contest
Each of the six pies entered into the first Brady Days apple pie baking contest was notably different.
From the dutch apple presented by sisters Harley and Preslee Bartels to the traditional pies baked by seasoned cooks, they all offered something a little different.
The panel of four judges—George Finnell, Maurine Callahan, Tommy Palmer and Keith White—considered presentation, crust, texture, flavor and overall taste for each of the unmarked pies before they declared pie No. 4 the winner.
Kathy Hild is no newcomer to the baking scene. She was the school cook in Brady for many years.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite