Wool contest winners headed to state
Four area youth modeled their wool fashions during the recent District 3 Make It With Wool Contest held at Faith Bible Church in Lincoln on November 7.
Garments were evaluated for construction quality, as well as fit and appearance. Lara Grundman of Talmage and Diane Bolin of Eagle serve as District 3 event directors.
In the Junior Division (ages 13-16), Maricela Dones of Lexington with her wool coat and Mallorie Hernandez of Lexington with her wool swing jacket and pants were selected as delegates to the State Wool Contest.
In the Senior Division (ages 17-24), Kristi Block of Cozad with her wool dress and Natalie Dones of Lexington with her wool coat were also selected as delegates to the State Wool Contest.
The State Make It With Wool Contest is Nov. 20 and 21 at the Home Economics Building on UNL East Campus in Lincoln.
- Born in a hollow
- GMH prepares for Wellness Fair next week
- Music students receive top ratings at district contest Friday
- Council says ‘no’ to rebuilt fence
- Science Olympians 10th at state
- Riley wins 3200 run in JV invite
- Swede girls are competitive at Bader Invitational
- Reserve girls sweep sprints and relays