Swim league championship too close to call
Relay breaks league record
LEXINGTON—Results remained unofficial as of Tuesday morning and a discrepancy in a couple of races left Gothenburg Swim Team manager Lisa Jorgenson wondering if the team had won the title in the Plains tSunami league championship meet Saturday in Lexington.“It’s still too close to tell,” she said, explaining that the league president was checking and double checking results. “It could be the end of the week before we know. It’s no fun waiting.”
Jorgenson said nearly every swimmer on the team recorded a personal best time in the final meet of the season.
In addition, the 14-and-under girls 200 free relay set a new league record with a time of 141.68 seconds. Relay members are Ashley Grace Burkholder, Gracie Stienike, Keely Lecher and Carissa Jensen.
Anne Burkholder also set records in a pair of 30-and-older women’s events.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship