Lincoln golfers win member-guest tournament
Two golfers from Lincoln took home the stallion trophies Sunday afternoon, winning Wild Horse Golf Club’s member-guest tournament with an overall score of -29.
Wild Horse member Joe Wolsleger and his guest Chris Wright shot -8 on Saturday and were tied for the lead in the second flight with two other teams, although they were 10 strokes behind the day one leaders in the championship flight.
The Lincoln duo came back on Sunday with a -21 round to capture the title from the second flight.
Championship flight winners were Don Byers of Omaha and his guest Jerry Tjards who shot -23 for the two-day tournament.
Jim Sedlak of Kearney and his guest Stan Poff took top honors in the first flight, matching the championship flight winners at -23.
Dan Scherer of Gothenburg and Chad Uden tied with Jack Holm and Jeff Holm in the third flight, both finishing with -11.
The annual member-guest tournament drew 48 teams.
- Control drives abusers, fear keeps victims from leaving
- Space issues driving surgical expansion at GMH
- Seven in race for two council seats
- Irish explode offensively in win over Brady boys
- CPNRD gains acreage by Darr
- Local salt suppliers keep up with demand for salt
- Gothenburg’s share of ACE grants is $1,747
- You win some, you lose some