The Flames of Nebraska, a 10-and-under girls fastpitch softball team that includes two Gothenburg players, finished first at the 2012 Firecracker Tournament on July 7-8 in Central City. Montannia Courtney and Cheyann Courtney combined to pitch a no-hitter in the Flames’s first win over Grand Island Synergy White 11-3. The girls then defeated Grand Island Synergy Blue 11-2 to advance for a rematch with Synergy Blue in the championship. The Flames won 13-3 with the Courtney sisters again pitching a no-hitter. Pictured are, l-r: Front—Elsie Hastings, Cheyann Courtney, Morgan Hein, Sadie Carpenter; Back—Montannia Courtney, Andria Finnegan, Alyssa Shepherd, Shaye Porter, Savannah Harper and Cora Hastings.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins