Relay For Life at the races
Successful PARTNERS: The partnership of Dawson County Raceway and the Garden of Hope Relay For Life team is “Winning the Race Against Cancer” in 2012 with a grand total of $864.11 raised during a night at the Father’s Day race in Lexington. Raceway manager Allen Wissmann joined the Relay team recently to present a bonus donation from the evening’s fund-raising activities. Pictured are, l-r: Standing—Wissmann; team members Pam Ackerman, Kevin Keithley, Bea King, Ron King, Christina Wagener, Verla Montey, team captain Dallas Zimbelman, Johnathon Wood, Alice Wenburg and Deloris White; Front—Hailey Wagener and Garret Wood. This year’s theme for the American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Dawson County is “Game On! Together, we will BEAT cancer!.” The Relay will be Friday-Saturday, July 27-28, at Haymaker Stadium in Cozad. The public is invited to attend.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.