GHS students attend leadership seminar
Three Gothenburg High School students attended the 2012 Nebraska Leadership Seminar at Doane College June 14–17.
Carson Messersmith, Abbie Mazour and Trenton Long—all juniors next fall—were selected to represent the school and participate in numerous community and school activities
“Nearly 150 students from across Nebraska attended the 2012 Nebraska Leadership Seminar,” said Dylan Schenk, corporate board president of NLS. “Each of these students have been given the tools to become the leader their community needs—a leader who is inspiring, challenges the norm, and empowers others to discover their strengths.”
NLS is a statewide leadership organization that teaches students to lead with their strengths through the nonprofit’s relationship with the Gallup Organization.
Each summer, the organization hosts a four-day seminar for high school sophomores from around the state to challenge, empower and inspire them to become the leaders Nebraska needs.
Since its founding in 1978, more than 6,000 students from 300 school districts have successfully completed the seminar.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair