CEO applicants interviewed
Hospital board wants administrator in place by fall
Two candidates vying for the position of chief executive officer of Gothenburg Memorial Hospital are in town for interviews this week.
Dr. Carol Shackleton, chair of the committee, said the candidates were also given community tours.
Two additional candidates will be interviewed and taken on tours in the next couple of weeks.
Shackleton said the committee will continue to accept applications for the position until it is filled, noting that the committee has received a large number of applications and has done several phone interviews.
Committee members hope to have a new administrator in place by this fall.
In addition to Shackleton, search team members are GMH board member Larry Gill, GMH human resources director Marsha Engel, physical therapist Craig Johnson and community member Gary Fritch.
The contract of the hospital’s former CEO, John Johnson, was terminated in February.
- Avenue I to get more sidewalk
- Wellness Center decision after budget workshop
- Airport Authority wants board member removed
- Eagle football looks to repeat last year’s success
- Rural Poll finds insights on rural Nebraskans’ activism
- Soybean farmers observe, evaluate work of checkoff
- District 20 enrollment creeps up
- Coaches remain confident after 15-4 loss to McCook