Way to go ‘Kiddos’
Last Friday morning, June 22, my wife and I were driving in Daryl Keiser’s funeral procession from the American Lutheran Church to the Lutheran Cemetery northeast of Gothenburg.
As we were going north on Lake Avenue at the Evangelical Free Church four young men were washing a car in the church parking lot. They stopped washing the car while the funeral procession drove by. A block north of the church another young man on a bicycle stopped and put his hand over his heart as the procession went by.
To these young men I say thank you, commend you and give you a big pat on the back. You stopped what you were doing and showed respectfulness to the family and Daryl. Someone taught you well. These acts show that not everything or everyone is wrong or gloomy in our society today.
Daryl would have said way to go “Kiddos.”
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST