Swimmers win big in home meet at Cozad
COZAD—The Gothenburg Swim Team used numbers and talent to come out on top of Saturday’s competition at Cozad.
Although it was Gothenburg’s home meet, competitors swam at the Cozad Municipal Pool since several of the team members are from Cozad.The accommodations worked well, according to Gothenburg team manager Lisa Jorgenson.
Gothenburg won the team title scoring 547 points and earning 39 individual first-place finishes.
Members of the Gothenburg Swim Team now hold the No. 1 position in the Plains tSunami Swim League’s 2012 Top 10 in eight individual events and eight relays.
Anne Burkholder leads three events while Carly Jensen and Jill Hergenrader are tops in two each with Lisa Jorgenson leading one.
There are 21 teams in the Plains tSunami league.
The final regular-season meet of the summer for the Gothenburg team will be Saturday in Lexington.
Swimmers were originally scheduled to compete at Indianola but because of the number of people involved they will go to Lexington instead.
The qualifying meet will be July 7 in Minden with championships scheduled at Lexington on July 14.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics