Delegates chosen for Boys, Girls State
The Brady Lions Club has selected Kaleb Arterburn and Siera Quadhamer to represent Brady at the 2012 Cornhusker Boys and Girls State in Lincoln June 3-9.
Quadhamer participates in speech while Arterburn is involved in speech, FCCLA, one-act play, football, basketball and track.
These students will each join nearly 400 other high school juniors from across Nebraska participating in the American Legion Cornhusker Girls and Boys State at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Since Brady no longer has an American Legion post, the Lions Club sponsors the students.
The annual citizenship program, sponsored by the Nebraska Amercian Legion, is designed to provide youths with a better understanding of how city, county and state governments operate.
Cornhusker Boys and Girls State is set up as functional “51st state” and each student learns how government subdivisions operate by actually doing the job.
Participants campaign for offices, hold elections, take part in band and chorus, compete in athletics, and are involved in other various activities.
Special lectures and addresses will be delivered by experienced public officials and professional leaders.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet