Crop consultant event is Feb. 27 at Monsanto
UNL Extension, in cooperation with Monsanto, is offering a one-day training targeted for crop consultants.
The program will be held on Monday, Feb. 27 at the Monsanto Water Utilization Learning Center near Gothenburg.
The joint UNL Extension and Monsanto research projects will be reviewed as well as the plot demonstration results from the 2011 growing season at the Learning Center.
The program will begin with registration at 9:30. Chandler Mazour and Mark Reiman, Monsanto Learning Center employees, will discuss Different Hybrid Response to Variable Rate Inputs (plant density, fertility and irrigation. Tim Shaver, UNL fertility specialist will cover Increasing Nitrogen and Water Use Efficiency in Irrigated Crop Production.
After lunch Greg Kruger, UNL cropping systems specialist, will cover Herbicide Mode-of-Action and Herbicide Resistance Management. Mark Hinze, UNL Extension educator, will cover Interpretation of Soil Test Results. Finishing out the day will be Chuck Burr, UNL Extension educator, leading a discussion on the Future of Water Research.
The day will conclude at 3 p.m.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates