LETTER PERFECT: The lettering on the community entrance sign on Highway 47 south of McDonald’s is much easier to read. Workers from Stoneco Incorporated of Omaha sandblasted and painted the new letters that are over twice as tall as what originally appeared on the sign. Those smaller letters were filled in with patching material colored the same as the sign. It will take about a month for the fill-in material to cure and city officials hope the former lettering will blend with the sign. City administrator Bruce Clymer said the sign committee could consider several different options if the old lettering impressions are still visible.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested