Don’t get sick is best health plan
In Neil Davis’ last letter, he said that he has never stated that he doesn’t believe in entitlements. Let me quote from some of his previous letters to the editor, and you be the judge.
“Let’s just forget that it’s all unconstitutional...” (Social Security, disability, unemployment compensation, Medicare, etc.).
“Penny Fattig doesn’t see to see a difference between constitutional amendments and FDR stuffing the Supreme Court to push through unconstitutional enactments like Social Security...”
“How could this be possible with all of Penny’s glorious entitlement programs. Government robs us blind, then like Penny’s hero FDR throws back some coins...”
“The Supreme Court in Flemming vs. Nestor (1960) established that no one has any legal right to Social Security benefits.”
“Medicaid is an parasite, coming up out of a monetary black hole, sucking the life out of the economy.”
“The federal government has no authority to take care of our elderly, educate our young people, or feed us.”
“As someone who opposes entitlements in the first place, I think it’s stupid to employ government-run health care...” (Aug. 11, 2011).
These are all comments from Neil’s past letters.
I guess the best health care plan must be...Don’t get old, sick, be disabled or injured unless you are wealthy.
Penny Fattig, Gothenburg
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500