Don’t get sick is best health plan
In Neil Davis’ last letter, he said that he has never stated that he doesn’t believe in entitlements. Let me quote from some of his previous letters to the editor, and you be the judge.
“Let’s just forget that it’s all unconstitutional...” (Social Security, disability, unemployment compensation, Medicare, etc.).
“Penny Fattig doesn’t see to see a difference between constitutional amendments and FDR stuffing the Supreme Court to push through unconstitutional enactments like Social Security...”
“How could this be possible with all of Penny’s glorious entitlement programs. Government robs us blind, then like Penny’s hero FDR throws back some coins...”
“The Supreme Court in Flemming vs. Nestor (1960) established that no one has any legal right to Social Security benefits.”
“Medicaid is an parasite, coming up out of a monetary black hole, sucking the life out of the economy.”
“The federal government has no authority to take care of our elderly, educate our young people, or feed us.”
“As someone who opposes entitlements in the first place, I think it’s stupid to employ government-run health care...” (Aug. 11, 2011).
These are all comments from Neil’s past letters.
I guess the best health care plan must be...Don’t get old, sick, be disabled or injured unless you are wealthy.
Penny Fattig, Gothenburg
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST