Read to a Swede
ATHLETE ATTENTION: Gothenburg Swede football player Patrick Reeves listens as second-grader Johanna Foster reads Animal Babies in Grasslands. Corben Libich (left) also got a chance to read. “Read to a Swede,” is a program involving senior football players who read to Dudley students and students to them on home-game Fridays. Program organizer and assistant football coach K.C. Lathrop, who also teaches physical education and health, said it’s a way for players to positively interact with elementary students. Youngsters also get autographs and written messages from the players.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.