Read to a Swede
ATHLETE ATTENTION: Gothenburg Swede football player Patrick Reeves listens as second-grader Johanna Foster reads Animal Babies in Grasslands. Corben Libich (left) also got a chance to read. “Read to a Swede,” is a program involving senior football players who read to Dudley students and students to them on home-game Fridays. Program organizer and assistant football coach K.C. Lathrop, who also teaches physical education and health, said it’s a way for players to positively interact with elementary students. Youngsters also get autographs and written messages from the players.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action