Read to a Swede
ATHLETE ATTENTION: Gothenburg Swede football player Patrick Reeves listens as second-grader Johanna Foster reads Animal Babies in Grasslands. Corben Libich (left) also got a chance to read. “Read to a Swede,” is a program involving senior football players who read to Dudley students and students to them on home-game Fridays. Program organizer and assistant football coach K.C. Lathrop, who also teaches physical education and health, said it’s a way for players to positively interact with elementary students. Youngsters also get autographs and written messages from the players.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly