Read to a Swede
ATHLETE ATTENTION: Gothenburg Swede football player Patrick Reeves listens as second-grader Johanna Foster reads Animal Babies in Grasslands. Corben Libich (left) also got a chance to read. “Read to a Swede,” is a program involving senior football players who read to Dudley students and students to them on home-game Fridays. Program organizer and assistant football coach K.C. Lathrop, who also teaches physical education and health, said it’s a way for players to positively interact with elementary students. Youngsters also get autographs and written messages from the players.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins