Jeffrey Lake to be lowered for maintenance projects
The Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District is planning to lower Jeffrey Reservoir for maintenance projects this fall.
Central will begin lowering the lake near Brady on Mon. The lake level will drop four to five feet below normal operating levels. Once the lake is drawn down, it will remain at the lower level for about three weeks.
Water levels will return to normal shortly after the maintenance projects are completed.
If, during this period, cabin owners wish to perform maintenance and/or repairs on docks or wave walls, they are reminded to contact Central to ensure that they have the necessary permits.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action