Jeffrey Lake to be lowered for maintenance projects
The Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District is planning to lower Jeffrey Reservoir for maintenance projects this fall.
Central will begin lowering the lake near Brady on Mon. The lake level will drop four to five feet below normal operating levels. Once the lake is drawn down, it will remain at the lower level for about three weeks.
Water levels will return to normal shortly after the maintenance projects are completed.
If, during this period, cabin owners wish to perform maintenance and/or repairs on docks or wave walls, they are reminded to contact Central to ensure that they have the necessary permits.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates