Cozad hosting Quilts Around the Block
The Cozad Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce exciting plans for this year’s
“Quilts Around the Block” are coming back to Cozad Aug. 13 downtown.
The event, sponsored by the Cozad Chamber of Commerce, is held to showcase the popularity of quilting both past and present.
The show is set for two locations—Chipper Hall and the 100th Meridian Museum.
A walking quilt tour throughout the downtown area is also a highlight of the weekend. The walking quilt tour will include the opportunity for participants to collect points as they visit participating downtown business to qualify for a drawing of $100 in Cozad Cash to be given away. Admission to all events is free.
At 2 p.m., Shelly Burge of Lincoln will present her collection of antique toy sewing machines while entertaining you with stories about her collection. Also on display will be quilts made on or inspired by toy machines.
All sizes and types of quilted projects are welcomed for display at the Quilt Show. Items can be dropped off on Aug. 12 at the 100th Meridian Museum, 206 East 8th, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. or at Chipper Hall, 144 East 8th, from 4-6 p.m. Contact Julie Geiger to make alternate arrangement if these times do not work.
Items can be picked up immediately following the show. Download a quilt registration form on the Cozad Chamber website at www.cozadnebraska.net.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500