Document cameras utilized
District 20 has 16 document cameras, also known as visual presenters, that display objects or information to students.
Technology coordinator Jo Wiggins described them as high-resolution document cameras mounted on arms which allow a teacher to write on a sheet of paper or display a two- or three-dimensional object on a whiteboard.
“This tool engages students with a variety of learning styles and abilities,” Wiggins said.
Dudley Elementary second-grade teacher Wendy Bartels said she likes her document camera and uses the equipment often.
RELATED STORY: Technology evolves at District 20
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar