Planters at work: Jeff Kennedy (right) and his Kennedy Landscape Services crew finished planting the last of 45 trees on June 8 along Highway 47 from the I-80 interchange to 10th Street. Planting the trees to enhance the entrance into town is part of the city’s comprehensive plan. The city will pay Kennedy Landscape $17,240 for the trees and labor with help from a $10,599 grant from a Nebraska Arboretum Trees for Nebraska Towns Initiative. The city matched the grant and will water and maintain the trees. Others pictured are Andrew Kennedy (left) and Justin Morrison of Cozad.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly