Planters at work: Jeff Kennedy (right) and his Kennedy Landscape Services crew finished planting the last of 45 trees on June 8 along Highway 47 from the I-80 interchange to 10th Street. Planting the trees to enhance the entrance into town is part of the city’s comprehensive plan. The city will pay Kennedy Landscape $17,240 for the trees and labor with help from a $10,599 grant from a Nebraska Arboretum Trees for Nebraska Towns Initiative. The city matched the grant and will water and maintain the trees. Others pictured are Andrew Kennedy (left) and Justin Morrison of Cozad.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested