GVFD reflects on past year
The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department held its annual banquet March 19 at Wild Horse Golf Course.
A tally of calls answered in 2010 was read by president Rob Ostergard. There were 278 ambulance and transfer calls, and 66 total fire calls.
Awards for years of service were presented, and seven members received certificates in recognition for a combined total of 145 years of dedicated service to the department.
Three new members joined the department in 2010. They are Tyrel Rite, Chris Horn and Trevor Anderson. Also of note, of the 44 members of the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department, 22 are current EMTs.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president