Reeves receives milestone coaching recognition
Opening 31st year at GHS
Gothenburg High School cross country and track coach Steve Reeves was among 53 Nebraska high school coaches who received Career Milestone honors during the annual Nebraska Coaches Association multi-sports clinic in Lincoln in July.
Reeves, a GHS graduate, is beginning his 32nd year as a coach with 31 years at Gothenburg.
He was honored by NCA for his service in boys track, receiving a Level III gold certificate for accumulating at least 600 points in an individual sport.
Reeves has coached multiple all-class state gold medal winners as well as numerous Class B event winners at the boys state track meet.
He also led the Gothenburg boys to a state team title in 2003 and had teams earn state runner-up trophies in 1978 and 1981.
In addition to boys track, Reeves now also coaches the Swede girls track team as well as having coached the high school and junior high girls and boys cross country teams throughout his career.
The Swede girls cross country team won the state title in 1994 and 1999 with state runner-up finishes in 2000, ’01 and ’02.
The boys cross country team achieved state runner-up status in 1985, 1994, 2002 and 2008.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST