Edward Jones advisor helps realize dreams
Matt Olsen likes to put people at ease, let them know that despite wearing a suit and tie to work every day, he’s just a regular guy who wants to help make dreams come true.
Olsen is the newest financial advisor in the Gothenburg Edward Jones office.
He’s been in Gothenburg since November and said he spent a few of the coldest winter days on foot, traveling door to door to meet local folks.
“There’s no better way to get to know people than where they’re most comfortable, on their own front doorstep,” he said.
And Olsen was pleasantly surprised at how genuine, inviting and accepting Gothenburg residents have been.
“The quality of people here surprised me,” he said. “They’ve been so inviting and that’s made it much easier to integrate into a new community.”
Olsen and his wife, Amber, both grew up in small towns, Olsen in Oklahoma and Amber in Nebraska. They joined the Evangelical Free Church and become involved in other Gothenburg organizations right away, hoping to make a good fit.
“We really enjoy this community,” he said.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates