RIBBON CUTTING: Gov. Dave Heineman was on hand Feb. 18 for the formal opening of the Opportunity Center in Lexington. Located in a former Wal-Mart store, which was remodeled, the building houses classrooms for Central Community College and a preschool learning center. Plans are to remodel space for a 50-employee call center for the Department of Health and Human Services, the relocation of the Lexington Area Chamber of Commerce and the state’s Workforce Development offices as well as the Dawson Area Development office. DAD was the force behind grant funding which helped create the Opportunity Center. Pictured with Heineman (holding scissors) is Lexington Mayor John Fagot.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins