RIBBON CUTTING: Gov. Dave Heineman was on hand Feb. 18 for the formal opening of the Opportunity Center in Lexington. Located in a former Wal-Mart store, which was remodeled, the building houses classrooms for Central Community College and a preschool learning center. Plans are to remodel space for a 50-employee call center for the Department of Health and Human Services, the relocation of the Lexington Area Chamber of Commerce and the state’s Workforce Development offices as well as the Dawson Area Development office. DAD was the force behind grant funding which helped create the Opportunity Center. Pictured with Heineman (holding scissors) is Lexington Mayor John Fagot.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship