Wanted: Walkers, donations for CROP walk
Gothenburg is planning to have its annual CROP Hunger Walk to fight world hunger Sunday, Oct. 4, at 9:15 a.m.
The annual event raises awareness and funds for international relief and development as well as local hunger fighting.
Walkers and runners are to meet at the American Lutheran Church.
Registration is $15 for a 3.1-mile run and a two-mile walk.
To donate money for the walk or for more information, contact Rev. Matt Coplen at the First Presbyterian Church at 537-2210.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair