Speech team earns 9 medals at Broken Bow
Brady speech team members earned four varsity and five novice medals at the Broken Bow Invite on Saturday.
The oral interpretation of drama team made up of junior boys and a duet involving two seniors placed eighth to lead the Eagle varsity.
Members of the OID are Sawyer Burke, Tyler Egenberger, Tyrel Grasz, Micah Most and Ryan Porter.
Brodie Sullivan-Bock and Taina Taullie combined for the duet.
Sierra Quadhamer and Most each placed ninth in entertainment speaking.
“They did an amazing job,” said coach Dawn Jobman. “These kids work very hard and are extremely busy. Still, they get up early on Saturday, get on the bus and are ready to take on the day of speech. I am very proud of these students and their drive to not just participate but succeed in everything that they do.”
Senior Jessica Schrad also received a superior ribbon for her serious prose.
Novice Valerie Most earned the highest medal of the day. The freshman placed
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC