Scottsbluff dominates Gothenburg Invite
Scottsbluff definitely dominated the competition at Wild Horse Golf Club on Sept. 15 with a 29-stroke victory for the team title at the Gothenburg Invite.
The Bearcats, who won the Class B state championship in 2008, earned five medals including first and second by returning state medalists Emilee Pilkington and Kaylee Koeppen.
On their home turf, Gothenburg combined for a team total of 442 and finished in seventh place.
Freshman Heidi Teahon was the low scorer for the Swedes shooting 106, seven strokes away from earning a medal.
“Heidi continues to improve every meet,” said coach Jim Henke.
Teahon’s score was a personal best by four strokes over her previous best set at the Lexington Invite a week ago.
Sidney Thompson and Elizabeth Graham were close behind with 109 and 110 respectively.
Henke said junior golfer Anna Boson ran into more trouble than she has had recently, especially on the second nine.
Boson still made a good effort to finish with 117, Henke said while Jourdan Matthies continued her consistent play at 121.
“We have expectations that Jourdan will break through to better scores soon,” Henke said.
Team runner-up Minden had three medalists, as did third-place McCook.
1. Scottsbluff 338; 2. Minden 367; 3. McCook 381; 4. North Platte 415; 5. Ogallala 434; 6. Hershey 437; 7. Gothenburg 442; 8. Holdrege 462; 9. Lexington 488; 10. Cozad 493; 11. Dundy County 504; 12. Broken Bow 630..
TOP 15 GOLFERS
1. Emilee Pilkington, Scottsbluff 78
2. Kaylee Koeppen, Scottsbluff 78
3. Allie Exstrom, Minden 83
4. Shayla Sinner, Scottsbluff 86
5. Abrea Hernandez, Lexington 88
6. Shelby Allen, McCook 89
7. Laynee Woodward, Minden 89
8. Kaylee Samway, McCook 91
9. Morgan Kristensen, Minden 91
10. Alex Trew, McCook 94
11. Ashley Pilkington, Scottsbluff 96
12. Kate Krzyzanowski, Scottsbluff 97
13. Hilary Spelts, North Platte 97
14. Becky Golus, Holdrege 99
15. Kayla Kinz, Ogallala 99
Heidi Teahon 51-55—106
Sidney Thompson 52-57—109
Elizabeth Graham 56-54—110
Anna Boson 55-62—117
Jourdan Matthies 63-58—121
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout