To the winners go the spoils
The build-up for the Nebraska-Texas football game Saturday received a shot in the arm Friday with a wager on the last Husker-Longhorn game being paid off by Mayor Joyce Hudson.
Last December, the mayor made a friendly wager with Paul Zmigrosky, a Texas Longhorn fan who was instrumental in the decision to bring Frito-Lay to Gothenburg. His title is now Group VP Strategic Sourcing, PepsiCo North America Foods, Frito-Lay North America, Quaker Foods North America (all commodity and ingredient purchasing).
As arranged last December, if the Huskers would have won the Husker flag would have flown over Frito-Lay corporate headquarters in Dallas, TX. Since Texas won, the Longhorn flag was to fly over City Hall in Gothenburg.
With Zmigrosky and other representatives visiting Gothenburg’s Frito-Lay facility last week, it seemed like an apropos time to pay off the bet.
City employees found a large ear of corn to “garnish” the flag pole.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president