To the winners go the spoils
The build-up for the Nebraska-Texas football game Saturday received a shot in the arm Friday with a wager on the last Husker-Longhorn game being paid off by Mayor Joyce Hudson.
Last December, the mayor made a friendly wager with Paul Zmigrosky, a Texas Longhorn fan who was instrumental in the decision to bring Frito-Lay to Gothenburg. His title is now Group VP Strategic Sourcing, PepsiCo North America Foods, Frito-Lay North America, Quaker Foods North America (all commodity and ingredient purchasing).
As arranged last December, if the Huskers would have won the Husker flag would have flown over Frito-Lay corporate headquarters in Dallas, TX. Since Texas won, the Longhorn flag was to fly over City Hall in Gothenburg.
With Zmigrosky and other representatives visiting Gothenburg’s Frito-Lay facility last week, it seemed like an apropos time to pay off the bet.
City employees found a large ear of corn to “garnish” the flag pole.
- Avenue I to get more sidewalk
- Wellness Center decision after budget workshop
- Airport Authority wants board member removed
- Eagle football looks to repeat last year’s success
- Rural Poll finds insights on rural Nebraskans’ activism
- Soybean farmers observe, evaluate work of checkoff
- District 20 enrollment creeps up
- Coaches remain confident after 15-4 loss to McCook