Dawson County Cattlemen kicks off season Oct. 1
The Dawson County Cattlemen will kick off their 2009-10 year on Thursday, Oct. 1, at the Heartland Military Museum and Mac’s Creek Vineyard and Winery.
The museum tour begins at 5 p.m with the social hour and wine samples at Mac’s Creek scheduled for 6:30 p.m. This will be followed by hors d’oeuvres, appetizers and a new beef entree, all served by Skeeter Barnes.
On the program will be a representative from Skeeter Barnes discussing, “New Entrees and Consumer Patterns in the Restaurant Industry,” said John Schroeder, program chairman.
All cattlemen and women and interested agribusiness representatives are encouraged to attend this meeting to enjoy great food, fellowship and fun.
For more information, contact: John Schroeder, Chris Hagedorn or Anne Burkholder, all of Cozad; Dan Keller of Lexington; Chris Tordrup of Farnam; Pat Harnan or Casey Russman of Gothenburg; Dr. John Lawton and Eric Ryan, both of Overton; Tucker Thompson of Eustis; or Bruce Treffer, Dawson County Extension educator.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities