Farm chore competition fierce
A new Harvest Festival event this year attracted people with farm backgrounds.
Seven teams competed against the clock west of the Pamida store Saturday afternoon in corn shucking, hay stacking, setting irrigation tubes, egg gathering and goat milking.
Teams rode in four-wheel wagons, pulled by four wheelers, that they had to detach and park at each stop.
The Blue Yummies took first place with an 11-minute time. Members included Marc Bartlett, Kevin Franzen, Rick Frick and Matt Lauer.
Other results were:
2. The South Siders—Troy Franzen, John Hecox, Ross Ristine, Mark Ostergard, 12:46.
3. Red Dragons—Caleb Warner, Kyam Ristine, Matt Dalrymple, Matt Meyer, 12:58.
4. The Clarks—Jake Fairley, Erin Fairley, Paul Peterson, Nick Barnes, 13:47.
5. Ram Rods—Travis Ostergard, Brandon Buckley, Adam Warner, Korbin Slack, 14:24.
6. Gothenburg State Bank—Luke Rickertsen, LaRae Thompson, Laurie Brown, Bret Tiller, 14:45.
7. FFA—Kyle Demoret, Kyle Klein-knecht, Dane Ehlers, Peyton Maline, 20:00.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State