Back-to-school night gathering
ACTIVITY GALORE: Students located their classrooms and, along with parents, met with school officials during an open house at Gothenburg Public Schools Monday evening. Right, 30 businesses and organizations set up in the Main Street area of the high school and District 20 school board members served hot dogs in the cafeteria. Superintendent Mike Teahon said the event was a great way to roll into the school year.
Left, high school softball player Amanda Barkmeier (right) gives Chiara Richeson batting tips in the gymnasium. High school athletes entertained youngsters during the evening.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair