Brady I-80 road project set for 2011
Gothenburg has six projects on five-year plan.
There is only one major road improvement project in the Gothenburg area planned for the fiscal year 2011 Surface Transportation Program, but it’s a big one.
Interstate 80 from Brady east for 7.2 miles is scheduled to be resurfaced at a cost of $6,174,000.
Gothenburg has a number of projects in the Nebraska Department of Roads five-year program. They include:
- I-80 from Gothenburg west 11.9 miles, resurfacing, $6,132,000
- Hwy. 47, Gothenburg south, bridge, $333,000
- Hwy. 47, Gothenburg north 7.1 miles to Custer County line, resurfacing, $3,000,000
- I-80, Gothenburg east and west (eastbound), 10 miles, resurfacing, $5,774,000
- I-80, Gothenburg interchange, $1,270,000
- I-80, Gothenburg west (westbound), 7.1 miles, mill, inlay, $3,550,000
A total of 141 new projects are scheduled to be let to contract on the State Highway System during fiscal year 2011 (July 1, 2010, through June 30, 2011).
Projects throughout the state will range in size from joint and crack sealing, traffic signals and lighting projects to large resurfacing, intersection, interchange and viaduct projects and high priority bridge projects.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout