Brady I-80 road project set for 2011
Gothenburg has six projects on five-year plan.
There is only one major road improvement project in the Gothenburg area planned for the fiscal year 2011 Surface Transportation Program, but it’s a big one.
Interstate 80 from Brady east for 7.2 miles is scheduled to be resurfaced at a cost of $6,174,000.
Gothenburg has a number of projects in the Nebraska Department of Roads five-year program. They include:
- I-80 from Gothenburg west 11.9 miles, resurfacing, $6,132,000
- Hwy. 47, Gothenburg south, bridge, $333,000
- Hwy. 47, Gothenburg north 7.1 miles to Custer County line, resurfacing, $3,000,000
- I-80, Gothenburg east and west (eastbound), 10 miles, resurfacing, $5,774,000
- I-80, Gothenburg interchange, $1,270,000
- I-80, Gothenburg west (westbound), 7.1 miles, mill, inlay, $3,550,000
A total of 141 new projects are scheduled to be let to contract on the State Highway System during fiscal year 2011 (July 1, 2010, through June 30, 2011).
Projects throughout the state will range in size from joint and crack sealing, traffic signals and lighting projects to large resurfacing, intersection, interchange and viaduct projects and high priority bridge projects.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president