Seniors to open Area 6 with Cozad
Tournament hosted by Holdrege.
With a 10-8 record to finish the regular season, the Gothenburg Senior Melons open the American Legion Area 6 tournament as the No. 4 seed.
The Melons face No. 5 Cozad in the first round at Holdrege at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Other first-round games Thursday pit No. 3 Kearney County against No. 6 McCook and No. 2 Holdrege against No. 7 Lexington.
Broken Bow earned the top seed and will play its first game at 5 p.m. Friday against the winner of the Gothenburg-Cozad game.
The double-elimination tournament continues in Holdrege through Tuesday with the championship game set for 5 p.m.
The tournament winner advances to the Class B American Legion Championship tournament at Schuyler beginning July 31.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State