Seniors to open Area 6 with Cozad
Tournament hosted by Holdrege.
With a 10-8 record to finish the regular season, the Gothenburg Senior Melons open the American Legion Area 6 tournament as the No. 4 seed.
The Melons face No. 5 Cozad in the first round at Holdrege at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Other first-round games Thursday pit No. 3 Kearney County against No. 6 McCook and No. 2 Holdrege against No. 7 Lexington.
Broken Bow earned the top seed and will play its first game at 5 p.m. Friday against the winner of the Gothenburg-Cozad game.
The double-elimination tournament continues in Holdrege through Tuesday with the championship game set for 5 p.m.
The tournament winner advances to the Class B American Legion Championship tournament at Schuyler beginning July 31.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout