Seniors to open Area 6 with Cozad
Tournament hosted by Holdrege.
With a 10-8 record to finish the regular season, the Gothenburg Senior Melons open the American Legion Area 6 tournament as the No. 4 seed.
The Melons face No. 5 Cozad in the first round at Holdrege at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Other first-round games Thursday pit No. 3 Kearney County against No. 6 McCook and No. 2 Holdrege against No. 7 Lexington.
Broken Bow earned the top seed and will play its first game at 5 p.m. Friday against the winner of the Gothenburg-Cozad game.
The double-elimination tournament continues in Holdrege through Tuesday with the championship game set for 5 p.m.
The tournament winner advances to the Class B American Legion Championship tournament at Schuyler beginning July 31.
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president
- Lake water diversion aids both flood relief and long-term water goals
- Swedes’ book about Gothenburg to be released in August
- Same song, 11th verse for Blue Heron Campground
- Six Swede boys make it to state
- PinPoint fiber problem solved
- Graduation shirt is now 75 years old