Drums, bugles entertain
The Colts Drum & Bugle Corps, based out of Dubuque, IA, practiced and performed in Gothenburg Thursday on the football field.
Members, who travel by bus, have used school facilities and practiced and performed for the community for several summers.
A spokesperson for the band said members are grateful for how the community helped the corps in 1999 when a semi-truck carrying kitchen equipment caught on fire and the group was stranded in Gothenburg on a weekend.
While in Gothenburg this year, the 135-member student corps performed “True Colors”—a show the group performs in competitions across the country.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500