Restaurant to close Saturday
Less than a year after Rhonda Hansen opened the Feed Bunk in Brady, she’s locking the door for the last time on Saturday.
Hansen said a hurting economy and a struggle to find part-time help in a small town have contributed to her decision.
“I think the economy is a long way from turning around,” Hansen said. “People just don’t eat out like they used to.”
At the same time, though, it has been difficult for Hansen to hire and keep good employees.
“I know high school kids are busy,” she said, “and most adults can’t live on part-time wages but I’ve been the cook, the waitress and the dishwasher for too long. It’s time to do something else.”
Hansen said she will take some time off before she looks for her next job.
The building has been sold to Mick Swanson who also owns the Hitchin’ Post.
Swanson said he intends to use some of the kitchen equipment and furnishings at the Hitchin’ Post and plans to remodel the building into duplex apartments.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president