Yancy team repeats as scramble champs
Dan Yancy’s team posted a low score of 55 to win back-to-back Memorial Day golf scrambles at Wild Horse Golf Club on May 31.
The team of Yancy and Matt Sell, both of Gothenburg, Tim Davis of Cozad and Randy Beinhoff of Kearney shot 29 and 26 to take top honors in the championship flight. The same foursome won last year with a score of 54.
Taylor Hershberger’s team was the first-place finisher in the first flight shooting 57 with Andrew Thompson’s group winning the second flight at 60.
Nick Swan’s foursome finished first in the fourth flight with a score of 63.
A total of 36 four-person teams competed in the tournament.
Find complete individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates