Wild about reading
AR PARADE: Dudley Elementary students, grades K-6, marched downtown in their annual accelerated reading parade on May 21. With the theme “A Walk on the Wild Side,” youngsters dressed in safari or camouflage clothing. Pictured is the third grade class whose mascot was the leopard. Second-grade teacher Justin Dowdy (left) sports a tropical hat for the parade. Accelerated reading is part of the curriculum in which students read books, according to their reading level, and take tests for comprehension.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly